With so much uncertainty in the healthcare industry, many business leaders feel that “holding steady” is the best strategy in the face of an unknown future. But a time of uncertainty can also be a time of opportunity. While other competitors sit on the sidelines waiting to plan the next step, those with vision can find an advantage.
Going in blind to something is never a good business strategy, regardless of how volatile the economic landscape is. Those in the chiropractic industry must have a partial vision of what opportunities look like before making a commitment. One of the best opportunities for investing in the future is a comprehensive software solution, like chiropractic EHR software, which can lay the groundwork for growth and expansion. But without experience using such a tool, some chiropractors are hesitant to explore this opportunity.
Before taking the plunge into chiropractic EHR software, these chiropractors want to know what they are getting themselves into. What will the time commitment be? What are the advantages? What training is required? What rate of return can they expect down the road? Are there contracts or large upfront costs?
The overall question of, “How does this save me money?” can’t be ignored. While client satisfaction and experience are your primary goals, you must also try to maximize profits. From the outset, chiropractors should consider time commitment in terms of current state and future state: how much time do you currently spend on certain tasks vs. how much time will you spend once you implement EHR software? With that set of lenses on, you can see the “why” behind how EHR software can benefit the company.
That said, the real question is the “what” of making a move like this. What will actually change for your office when you integrate EHR software into your practice? Let’s frame the answers in terms of what you can expect to lose:
- No more duplication of paperwork or forms for your office. Gone are the days of manually keying in patient information for intake. Online scheduling and online intake allow for a “one-stop shop” for both the patient and the office staff when it comes to paperwork.
- No more transferring files and records from one location to another. Chiropractic EHR software works at multiple locations, and the best software has a single database for all sites. Enter data once and save time.
- No more wasted time and effort on managing health records. Health care veterans know how cumbersome dictation and patient reports used to be. EHR offers fast, easy, and audit-proof SOAP notes, which are essential for creating a more efficient office.
- No more extra steps and hurdles for patients. The virtual front desk allows for data entry once and adds the value of a shared database across platforms.
- No more client complaints about waiting on hold to reschedule an appointment. Online scheduling is easy for clients to both schedule and reschedule appointments. This system creates less potential for human errors. It also results in fewer no-shows because of automated reminders that are sent directly to the patients.
- No more navigating multiple software systems. Remember when scheduling was in one system, accounts receivable in another, and patient records in a third? That’s no longer the case with EHR software. The all-in-one aspect creates single sign-on and increased security for front- and back-office staff.
- No more using multiple steps in collections and accounts receivable. Since it is automated, billing is simple, organized, and efficient. Insurance companies can be billed instantly and recordkeeping is streamlined. Collections not only occur faster but also require fewer hours managing the system.
If purchasing software were like buying a pair of pants, you would walk over to the dressing room before committing to buy. While not every EHR software has a no-commitment option, ones like CHIROSPRING offer a no-contract option and no large upfront costs when signing on. With a no/low-commitment option and several time-saving advantages, it is clear why many health care providers have already implemented EHR software.
While the uncertainty of the future is real, the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage is also real. Now is the time to invest in EHR software to maximize potential growth for the future.
CHIROSPRING is an all-in-one practice management and EHR system built specifically for chiropractors to help them regain face-time with patients, spend less time on back-office tasks, maintain a limited staff, and save operational costs.
To see how CHIROSPRING can help you simplify how you manage your practice, reach out to one of our specialists today!